Why Going Solo with EFT Tapping May Not be Enough: The Advantages of Booking A Private SessionApr 22, 2023
Have you ever experienced something that left you feeling overwhelmed with emotions that just won't go away?
Maybe it was a distressing event, a traumatic period of time, a one-off experience, or a conflict with someone close to you.
Whatever it may be, feelings of anger, anxiety, sadness, grief, shame, regret, fear, guilt, doubt, criticism, jealousy, or frustration can be difficult to deal with.
If you've tried EFT Tapping alone, but it hasn't provided the relief you'd hoped for, that doesn't mean EFT cant help you.
While EFT Tapping can be a powerful tool for self-healing, sometimes working through deep-seated emotional and traumatic issues on our own can be difficult.
This is because our subconscious mind has developed protection mechanisms that, over time can prevent us from fully processing and releasing difficult emotions.
For example, when we experience trauma, our subconscious mind may try to protect us by burying painful memories and feelings deep inside.
But those memories and emotions can still affect us on subconscious and somatic levels, even if we're not consciously aware of them.
Below are some examples of common symptoms people experience followed by common emotional events that, if never processed, could be causing them:
- Eating disorders
- No sex drive
- Panic attacks
- Digestion issues
- Brain fog
- People pleasing
- Low self-esteem
- And many more
Possible emotional or traumatic life events that, if weren't processed, could be causing the symptoms:
- Physical, emotional, or sexual abuse
- Divorce or parental separation
- Death of a loved one
- Serious illness or injury
- Being bullied or excluded by peers
- Exposure to violence or crime
- Witnessing or experiencing a natural disaster
- Forced relocation or immigration
- Family conflict or dysfunction
- Substance abuse or addiction in the family
- Homelessness or poverty
- Chronic illness or disability
- Discrimination or prejudice
- Betrayal or infidelity by a trusted person
- A serious accident or near-death experience
- Difficulties in school or academia
- Financial insecurity or bankruptcy
- Unemployment or job loss
It's important to note that this is not an exhaustive list, and everyone's experiences are unique and can impact them in different ways. Still, as you can see, any one of these symptoms or events can be overwhelming for someone to try and process alone.
Working with a trauma-informed certified EFT practitioner like myself can help you open and release these protective mechanisms, allowing you to go deeper into the tapping process and achieve faster, more profound relief.
I can help you by:
- Creating a safe, confidential space where you can explore your emotions without judgment.
- Asking you questions to help you identify and process the root cause and supporting aspects of your emotional and energetic blockages.
- Develop customised tapping scripts tailored to support your healing process and goals.